When many people hear of the phrase level up, they remember their favorite video game. It is a common phrase that means someone has become notably better on skills. For gamers, it means moving up a level in a given game.
When you level up in your favorite game, you feel the sense of accomplishment. Reaching the next level brings personal satisfaction. Many people are looking for different ways on how to level up on steam. Before getting to the different ways you can use to level up on steam, why would someone want to move to higher levels?
Benefits of Leveling up on Steam
1. Increased friends list
When starting the game, your Steam friends list is set to two hundred and fifty slots by default. Every level you earn, you get five additional slots.
2. Increased booster pack chances
Once you get to level ten on your steam profile, booster packs with a 20 percent chance of earning one become available. Every ten levels you move up doubles your chances of getting a booster pack.
3. Additional Steam Showcase Slot
Steam showcase lets you display milestones you feel proud of in your account profile. You choose what to display on your profile from the list of your accomplished milestones. Every ten levels you move up unlocks an additional showcase slot. It doesn’t increase the number of showcase slots but gives you an additional type of showcase.
Every user has a level, but many people are not okay with the requirements to earn more. To get the bonuses that are available at higher levels, you may need to know how steam leveling up works. Before you level up, here are some of the things that you should know:
1. Steam badges award more XP. You should craft as many badges as possible because each of them can be leveled up four times and will net you 100 XP.
2. You can craft badges by trading the cards you acquire from the Steam games that you play most.
3. Playing one game allows you to collect a half set of cards. You can either trade or purchase the remaining trading cards on the Steam marketplace.
4. Depending on your Steam level, you may receive a booster pack after crafting a badge.
Different Ways to Level up on Steam
1. Using Steam Tools
1. Download and install Google Chrome on your computer. Click here to visit Google Chrome official site.
2. Open Google Chrome and search for Steam Inventory Helper extension. If you are reading this guide from a Google Chrome web browser, Click here to go to the Steam Inventory Helper download page.
3. After attaching the Steam Inventory Helper extension to your browser, go to STC Set Prices. This site categorizes all the games on steam that have trading cards on the market from cheapest to highest.
4. Once you are at the STC Set Prices page, click on Set Price to have the prices arranged from lowest to highest.
5. Select the game you want and then click on letter B on the links column to go to the badges on your profile.
On the new page, scroll down and then click on the Search the Market button to go to the marketplace.
6. Once the market place page loads, scroll down to see the buying and selling price. Note the current buying price.
7. Scroll up and click on the Show buy card dialog.
8. On the pop up that will appear, you will see all the missing cards. Set the prices that you want to buy each card and then click on the Buy All button. The price for all the cards will be at the Buy All button.
The Steam Inventory Helper Extension that you attached to your browser makes it possible for you to buy as many badges of the same game as you want at once. Remember, you can only make five badges per game. Don’t buy more than five sets of cards. Using the STC Set Prices website and Steam Inventory Helper extension is the cheapest way.
2. Using Unauthorized Methods
There are other methods that you can use to level up your Steam account. But the use of automation software, hacks, mods, and any other unauthorized third-party software to automate the subscription marketplace process isn’t allowed.
If you feel that the rewards are worth the risk, check out Steam Card Exchange. On this site, you will get an automated trading bot that will help you trade your duplicate cards for other cards that you may need.
Crafting will give you more than just XP. Forq every badge you craft, you will get three random items. These items can either be profile backgrounds, emoticons, and many other things.
These items may not be of much value to you, but you can sell them on the Marketplace. Take gains you will get after selling the items and use it to buy additional badges.